The other day, I saw a commercial for Valentine’s Day. In the commercial, a guy was talking about how perfect his wife is and he wanted to buy her the best gift ever. Obviously, this guy has it made or perhaps has only been married a short while!! Maybe he is in her doghouse for failing to complete that honey to do list and needs to score some serious brownie points! We all know that nobody is perfect. I have never met a woman in my life who is completely perfect. They all have some flaws to them, some more than others.
So guys, if you had to design that perfect woman, what characteristics would she have? I am sure most guys would probably bring up someone with drop dead gorgeous looks like a Jennifer Lopez or a Hilary Duff, likes sports and is great in the bedroom. True, those things are great but I often think guys are very shallow when going after women. We are very visual creatures and tend to only look at the cover of the book. I think looks and common interests are very overrated. Looks really diminish with age. That hottie you were after in your high school and college years may look like crap at the 20 year reunion. However, a great personality does not diminish with age and sometimes gets better as we age. Also, I find it very exciting to meet someone with completely different interests. It is a great way to learn new and exciting things. I have made up a list of some traits that I find very appealing in women and adds greatly to a woman’s attractiveness.
1. Putting others first. Some women will make huge personal sacrifices in their own personal lives to please their man. Someone who does that is a keeper for life and definite marriage material.
2. Integrity. I think having strong character is often overlooked when dealing with relationships. The woman with high integrity is honest, trustworthy and you always know where you stand with her. Most important of all, you know they probably not cheat on you and will probably be more honest with you about the relationship as opposed to someone with less integrity.
3. Communicates well. Good communication is vital any relationship. A good woman is not afraid to express her feelings and is someone you can sit down with and have open discussions about your relationship and how it is working, good or bad. If something is upsetting her, she will make it know and not be afraid to.
4. Cheerfulness and optimism. I have dated a few very negative women in my past in it is a living nightmare!! I love calling someone up and hearing their cheerful, happy voice at the other end. Those women stand out and happiness along with a terrific smile can add a ton of beauty to any woman.
5. A great sense of humor. Anybody loves to laugh and be amused. If a woman can make me laugh with her wit and sarcasm, she is in with me.
6. Highly romantic and affectionate. Things such as leaving a text message saying how much you miss or love me is sure to make some guy’s day. Or maybe it is just simply giving a good kiss, hug or a great massage. A good woman knows to be very affectionate and intimate with her guy.
7. Intelligence. I find a very intelligence in a woman to be very sexy. I also find it very appealing to be around someone who can articulate about many different subjects.
8. Confidence. As is the case with intelligence, confidence is very sexy as well. A woman who is not confident will not like herself and sooner or later, will not like you.
9. Takes good care of herself. I love it when I hear about a woman talking about her daily workouts. It shows that she values her body and wants to look good. That also applies to eating healthy and living a healthy lifestyle.
10. Non-clingy. Realizing that your guy has a life to live and not bothering him 24/7. That also includes needing to see him every minute of every day or texting him non-stop. There is no need for that. A good woman will be considerate of her guy’s time.
11. Being appreciative. There is nothing that upsets me more with women than doing a kind act and getting no thanks or appreciation back. If your guy buys you flowers and plans a very romantic weekend together, tell him HOW MUCH YOU APPRECIATE IT!! Do not think that he owes you it. A good woman does not use guys for their money as well. I can relate to that!! An appreciative woman will find ways to pay back her guy in a delightful way.
12. Looks good in a dress and jeans. I always like women who do not feel that they have to dress up all the time. For instance, on a lazy Sunday afternoon, they feel comfortable wearing an old sweatshirt and jeans.
13. Generosity. I may be repeating a few points but I think generosity is a very appealing trait in a woman. It goes back to item number one. Generous women are very concerned about others and are willing to share. That speaks volumes of someone the type of people they are.
There are many other traits that I can include. It is very unfortunate that our society places so much emphasis on women looking beautiful and having a perfect body. A woman’s true beauty is on the inside. There are tons of hot looking women in this world but what are they like on the inside? A woman who looks good on the outside but is the biggest pain in the know you what is not worth my time. They are far from being perfect. Outside looks are only part of the equation. And they never last a lifetime.