The end of the year is typically a time when that r word comes up. You know what I’m talking about!! Yes, it is time for people to start talking about their New Year’s resolutions. I hear the same old resolutions every year. People often talk about how they are going to quit smoking, lose weight, exercise more and so on. But come February, most people have already forgotten about their resolutions. I probably break most of mine as well. I was able to keep some of mine from last such as drinking more water and eating more broccoli. This year, I am being a bit ambitious by listing ten resolutions but hey, why not set the bar high for yourself? The following are ten of my personal resolutions.
1. Go to bed earlier. I am one of these people who likes to stay up late. And believe me, if I stay up too late, I really pay for it the next day. The times when I go to bed around 9-10 o’clock are when I feel the best and most rested.
2. Cut out half of the sugar in my diet. Admittedly, I am a sweet tooth. There is not a cookie or piece of cake that I will pass up. However, excess sugar in one’s diet can be very harmful. I plan on limiting my intake too much smaller portions.
3. Better time management. Raise your hand if you tend to waste too much time during the day. I know I do!! Setting a daily schedule will be more of priority for me in the next year.
4. Meet at least 10 new people. I would like to increase my circle of friends in the upcoming year.
5. Go to more movies. Sure I have cable with plenty of movie channels but there is nothing like going to a movie theater and watching a great new release. Nothing beats the sound and great picture. I live very close to a nice movie theater so there is no excuse for not fulfilling this resolution.
6. Run a mile in under 6 minutes. I am a somewhat of a fitness geek and always looking for new ways of challenging myself. For the typical good distance runner who only weighs 150 lbs, this would be a rather simple goal. However, for guys like myself who are built more for football, this is a challenging achievement.
7. Find creative ways to cook. I am a bachelor and most of my meals come in the frozen variety. It is always fun to experiment with cooking various things and probably cheaper as well.
8. Give more to charities. I think this is a resolution that everyone should have on their list.
9. Write 100 blogs. I would have to average roughly 2 posts a week which is doable. There is always a lot going on in the world and a lot of topics to write about. I would like to mix in more stuff like dating and fitness besides the normal current issues.
10. Travel to the north shore of Minnesota. I enjoy traveling to places that I have never been to. People who have been there tell me how spectacular the scenery is.
Those are just some of many resolutions I have for the upcoming year. I will write a status report on my progress near the end of June. I want to wish everyone a happy New Year’s and good luck with all your resolutions and goals for the upcoming year. May 2013 be the best year of your life.