Let’s face it. Nothing puts you more in the mood for the Christmas season than hearing a great Christmas tune. Personally, My favorite Christmas artists are Nat King Cole and Bing Crosby. I love the older Christmas tunes that have become as much of a holiday tradition as Christmas trees, candy canes and wreaths. However, for every great song, there is an equally dud of a song which is about as pleasant to listen to as hearing a baby cry. I have noticed that several big name artists are attempting their luck at producing Christmas music and in most cases, it sounds horrible. Are you listening Bruce Springsteen? Hopefully these artists will stick with their modern music and not try to compete with the legends of yesterday. Without further delay, these are just a few of the bad songs that I hear during the Christmas season.
5. “Santa Claus is coming to town” Bruce Springsteen. One of the worst songs I’ve ever heard from the Boss.
4. “I saw Momma kissing Santa Claus” Bobby Helms. A very corny song!!!
3. “Grandma got run over by a Reindeer” Elmo and Patsy” Oh poor Granny!!!
2. “Santa Baby” Madonna. Whenever I happen to get stuck listening to this awful song, it sticks with me for hours, like a bad hamburger.
1. “The Christmas Song” Alvin and the Chipmunks. By far the worst Christmas song and maybe song of all time.
I am sure there are those who will disagree with me on this list but nothing gives me more indigestion during the Christmas season than the songs I just listed. Even ahead of a bad cup of eggnog!!